PROGRAM OBJECTIVE: Laboratory Science is the field where the challenges of medicine meet the complexities of science. Medical laboratory professionals can be found working in a number of different settings from doctor's offices to hospitals, research labs to public health centers. It is a growing field and offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the areas of clinical analysis, public health, industry, higher education, health care administration, and research. Medical Laboratory Scientists play a pivotal role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases as they work in the laboratory side of the fast paced medical world doing testing of tissue, blood, urine and other body fluid samples.
DURATION & ASSESSMENT STRATEGY: Diploma in Medical Technology is a 3 year long program consisting of 6 semesters. The final and the Midterm exams of each semester are conducted under the supervision of Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB). All the exams questions, answer script checking and final results are published by the BTEB. Beside this each student has to attend the regular class test, quiz test and semester final project. After the successful completion, a student will receive certificate from BTEB.
- After successful completion of the course student can work under any public/ private college, public and private health technology institution.
- Assistant as a sergeant in any private clinic.
- Job opportunity in abroad
- Student have to pass SSC/ equivalent with GPA 2.5/ 2nd division.
- During the office time student must fill up the specific board form. Eligible students have to take their admission with main copy of SSC academic transcript and 8 copies of PP size photo within the limited seats (30).