Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
1. QUESTION: WHEN THE INSTITUTE WAS ESTABLISHED?
Answer: In the year 2002
2. QUESTIONS: IS THIS A PART OF DAFFODIL GROUP?
Answer: Yes it
3. QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE ADMISSION SESSIONS AVAILABLE AT BSDI ?
Answer : Diploma in Engineering: After publishing SSC result (May to September)
Others : March | June | September | December
4. QUESTION: IS THERE ANY SCHOLARSHIP/FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FACILITY AT BSDI?
5. QUESTION: IS THERE ANY HOSTEL FACILITY FOR MALE/FEMALE STUDENTS?
Answer: Yes, we provide hostel facilities both for male & female students which are located in the walking distance from the institute. Student must apply for the seats if he/she wants to get a room. Different types of room are available for them. All types of facilities are available in the hostels. A hostel super is working to look after every matters of the hostel.
6. QUESTION: WHAT IS VTY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM? HOW CAN I APPLY FOR THAT?
Answer: VTY stands for Vocational Training for Youth. Every year BSDI offer this full free scholarship program for unprivileged youth of the country. We provide Advertisements in the news media and notice to the web site.
7. QUESTION: WHERE SHOULD I CONTACT FOR ADMISSION?
Answer: For admission Query please contact with Mr. K. M. Parvez Boby, Deputy Director (Cell: +88- 01713493243)
8. QUESTION: WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE IF ANY BTEB STUDENTS WANT TO TRANSFER CREDIT TO BSDI?
Answer: The acceptance of credit depends on few matters. Students must submit his/her previous academic papers and Transfer certificate to the Admission Authority with the Application and then Academic Board will decide after examining the papers.
9. QUESTION: DO YOU PROVIDE ANY TRANSPORT FACILITIES FOR THE CITY STUDENTS?
Answer:Yes, BSDI students are provided the transportation facilities. To get the opportunity students are requested to contact to Mr. Alfaz Uddin, Sr. Accounts Officer (Call: +88-0171-3493-249)
10. QUESTION: WILL I BE ABLE TO FIND PART-TIME WORK?
Answer: There is a Careers and Employment Support team that provides a comprehensive range of information and job vacancy services for students. The team can give you advice on where to search for part-time vacancies and how to market yourself effectively in the application and recruitment process. For more details please contact with Mr. S. M. Jahirul Islam Farhad (Call: +88-01713493158)
11. QUESTION: HOW DO I JOIN THE BSDI LIBRARY?
Answer: As long as you have been issued with a Student ID card, you are automatically a borrowing member of the Institute Library. For further information please contact with Mr. Saidul Islma (+88-02-8126324)
12. QUESTION: HOW CAN I JOIN AT BSDI ALUMNI?
Answer: As soon as you pass the Diploma you will be given a Alumni no. or ID card from the institute.For more details please contact with K M Parvez Boby, Deputy Manager (+88-01713493243)
13. QUESTION: DO YOU OFFER ANY INTERNSHIP FACILITIES?
Answer: Yes, BSDI offers internship facilities for the students. Students have to apply for the Internship Facilities to the Director through the respective program coordinator.
14. QUESTION: CAN WE TRANSFER CREDIT TO LOCAL UNIVERSITIES/FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES AFTER DIPLOMA AT BSDI?
Answer:Yes but it depends on the programs you are studying. Student with minimum qualification of HSC and one year Diploma at BSDI can transfer their credits to many local & foreign universities.